Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Spring Birthday card

What a better way to celebrate spring then with a birthday! Besides it being my birthday month its also my grandmother's so I made this cute card for her. I had wanted the colors on the front to be soft like the inside but I'm a novice and it didn't turn out that way. lol My only guess would be that I put gesso down on the inside cardstock and didn't do that to the front since I was using water color cardstock.

The ponies in this card are from the Greeting farm - Magical friends. The flowers can't think of the exact name for them are from Purple Onion designs - Stacey Yacula Studio - sunnyBlooms.
I used Zig Clean Color real brush colors- may green, olive green, deep green, green,  Persian blue, cobalt blue, cornflour blue, light blue, red, pink, and light violet. I edged the cardstock in Tim Holtz distress ink seedless preserve. The die cuts used were Spellbinders Die D-Lites Victoria Corners.
The pony was colored with Copics - RV09, RV04, RV02, RV00, V28, V25, V22, V20, V09, and 0. I added clear Wink of Stella to her hair and blue and black zig clean color real brush to make the butterfly on her bottom.




The inside was done with the same zig colors but I believe I got a softer look due the fact I had prepped my area with gesso first. I only did this to cover up some of the pattern on the paper for my image. I'm really happy with the look I achieved here. Background image is from Make it Crafty - Whimsical Flowers. I edged the inside cardstock with Tim Holtz vintage photo and seedless preserve distress ink.
The pony was colored with copics - BV08, BV02, BV00, V22, V20, R20, RV09, RV04, RV02
Also used Uni Posca white for the dots in her hair.



This card design is from the silhouette online store and made by lori whitlock.

I'm entering this in the markerpop! challenge #92 spring

2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning card and design. Need some gesso in my life I think. Your gran will adore it

    ReplyDelete

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...