Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Penguin santa meets nightmare before christmas

Hello crafty friends! Today I have a Halloween/Christmas card. Let me start off by saying ever since I saw the new Tim Holtz Halloween stencil "twisted", I've had a "Nightmare before Christmas" on my mind and new I had to make a card inspired by this. So I went to work! I couldn't find the stencil in any of my local craft stores, and the cost of shipping to Hawaii for the stencil would've cost more then the stencil itself! After some thought I realized I should check the silhouette store, it would be way cheaper, I'd get it instantly, and I still had some stencil material I had purchased awhile back. This worked out perfect, I found a tree with branches that suited my needs and I tore them off the tree in my design studio and created my own stencil!
Materials used:

Kitty Bee Designs - Santa Christmas Penguin
Snow Marker
Gelly roll pen - gold
Wink of Stella - clear
Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress grit-paste
Lawn Fawn - Large stitched stackables
Various - sequins, seed beads, faux snow
Silhouette - old tree svg



Copics used:

Santa - 110, C7, C5, C3, C2, C0, R89, R29, R24, Y17, YR16
Background - B37, B16, Y13, 110

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...