Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Gift Card Holder

Hello KBD friends, for today's project I've decided to make a gift card holder by hand. It's really simple to do and can be so much nicer then the plan envelopes they give you in the store.





First I took a piece of scrap cardstock I had and            Placing an old gift card that I had lying             cut it down to 4" x 7". Next I scored it at 3" then          around I marked where I wanted the cuts that   again at 3" from that score line.                                     would hold the card in place. I used an xacto                                                                                             knife and metal ruler to cut these slits. I then                                                                                           used my PPP stitched borders to the top fold                                                                                             over a little more fancy.



                                                                                       










 Finally I folded my fancy edge down and marked where I wanted my half moon to go to help keep the holder shut. My half moon is not perfect drew and cut this by hand using an xacto knife. I know they make punches for this kind of tab but I don't have one, if you have one feel free to use yours!


Now on to the fun part, decorating!


Materials used: 

Kitty Bee Designs - Super star bunny
Lawn Fawn - Tiny tag sayings
My favorite things - Tri peek-a-boo win
Pretty pink posh - Stitched borders 2, iridescent mini star sequins
Nuvo crystal drops - bright gold
Seed beads
Ranger - enamel accents black
Snow marker

Copics used:

C5, C3, C1, C0, R20, R11



















Thanks for stopping by! I hope this easy tutorial was useful.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...